Doing vinyl projects, T-shirt designs, stickers, and wooden décor have never been easy now that there’s a Cricut Maker. This handy tool is a part of Cricut’s family of cutting, scoring, embossing, and engraving machines, and to maximize your use, you must connect the Cricut Maker to your laptop or PC.
With a Cricut Maker connected to a laptop or PC, you can access the exclusive Cricut design app where you can get free designs ready to use. From your laptop, you can modify your design or take design inspirations from the web and cut these using the Cricut Maker. But do you have any ideas about what is the best Cricut maker? Well, let’s get to know. The Cricut Maker is compatible with more than 300 types of materials, from balsa wood to leather. And to make the most out of using this cutting tool, you must use the best laptop for Cricut Maker.
This is a review of the best laptops to work with the Cricut Maker. We will also mention the best laptop for Cricut Explore Air, another popular member of the Cricut family. But before anything else, let’s find out more about the Cricut Maker and what makes it stand out from its Cricut siblings.
What Can You Do With A Cricut Maker?
The Cricut Maker is a vinyl cutter that can handle a variety of materials. You can use all kinds of fabric, leather, balsa wood, and paper. It can work with these materials with utmost precision. You can cut sewing patterns, make stickers, cut vinyl prints, and more.
Compared to other Cricut machines, the Cricut Maker does more because it can accurately cut more than 300 materials. You can use the thinnest and the most delicate piece of paper too thick and tough materials like leather, matboard, and basswood.
The Cricut Maker does more because it is compatible with its expandable set of tools. Best vinyl for Cricut has individual tools for cutting, writing, scoring, and tools to add different decorative effects. With this variety of tools, you can take on different projects. And according to Cricut, more tools are coming so users can grow with their Cricut Maker.
These are the basic blades and pens used by a Cricut Maker
- Knife Blade
- Rotary Blade
- Fine Point Blade
- Pens and Markers
The following are tools that are part of Cricut’sQuickswap Tools set. These are also compatible with the Cricut Maker and are also Cricut Explore Air accessories:
- Scoring Wheels
- Perforation Blade
- Wavy Blade
- Debossing Tip
- Engraving Tip
The Cricut Maker has the Adaptive Tool System, a unique, commercial-grade feature that automatically controls the direction of your blade and the pressure used to cut materials. And because this machine has 10 times more cutting power, it can tackle more materials.
What Are The Different Cricut Models?
There are three popular Cricut models in the market today: the Cricut Joy, Cricut Explore Air 2, and the Cricut Maker.
The Cricut Joy is known as the simplest and most compact Cricut there is. It is the best Cricut machine for quick and easy fun projects at home or in school with a maximum material width of 5.5 inches. It is compatible with more than 50 types of materials and comes with a cutting tool and a writing tool. It works with Cricut’s Smart Materials and the Card Mat.
The Cricut Explore Air 2 is known as Cricut’s most popular machine. It is best for different kinds of DIY crafts with a maximum material width of 12 inches and can handle more than 100 materials. It comes with cutting, writing, and scoring tool.
The Cricut Maker is Cricut’s “Ultimate Smart Cutting Machine” with professional-level DIY performance and enhanced versatility. It can tackle materials with a maximum width of 12 inches. It is compatible with more than 300 materials and comes with more than 12 tools such as cutting, scoring and writing tools, and other effects.
All three Cricut models come with a free design app that is accessible from an Android, Windows, iOS, and Mac device. All of these have Bluetooth connectivity, while Joy does not have USB connectivity.
Basic System Requirements For To Connect A Cricut Maker
A Cricut Maker needs the best laptop, a desktop computer to access, or the best tablet for Cricut Design Space, a free design app. For Windows and Mac users, the following are needed:
- Windows 8 or later; macOS 10.13 or later
- Intel Dual-Core or equivalent AMD Chip; 1.83 GHz for Mac OS
- 4GB RAM, 2GB free disc space
- USB port or Bluetooth connection
- Minimum of 1024 x 768p screen resolution
- Minimum of 2 to 3 Mbps download speeds
- Minimum of 1 to 2 Mbps upload speeds
The ten best laptops for Cricut Maker
From reputed brands, we reviewed, compared, and discussed 10 different laptops for Cricut Maker to ensure that you have enough option to choose the perfect one for you.
1. Best Value for Money: ASUS VivoBook F510UA-AH55
- Fast and efficient processor.
- With a large and vivid 15.6 inches full HD display.
- With large memory and high capacity HDD storage.
- Powerful 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8250U 1.6GHz (Turbo up to 3.4GHz) processor
- 15.6 Inches Full HD WideView display with ASUS Splendid software enhancement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM and 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD storage combo; Ergonomic chiclet keyboard with fingerprint...
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.1 Type C (Gen1), USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Lightning...
The ASUS VivoBook is a great laptop for Cricut machines because under the hood is a powerful 8th gen Intel Core i5 chip. It has a large 15.6” Full HD display that will let you work perfectly on any cutting project. The screen is a 0.3 inches NanoEdge bezel. It has a lot of storage space and connects to the Cricut using different connections through Bluetooth or USB.
- 8th gen Intel Core i5 1.6GHz Processor
- 6” full HD display WideView – ASUS Splendid software improvement
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD plus 7TB HDD
- USB 3.1 Type C, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI
- Capable of multitasking
- Faster response times
- Larger and vivid display
- Large storage space
- More connectivity
- Lacks caps lock light
- Audio quality can be better
2. Cheap Acer for Cricut Explore: Acer Aspire E 15
- Full high-definition display.
- With larger storage space
- With updated Windows 10 Home
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3 8130U Processor 2.2 GHz (Up to 3.2GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED lit Display
- 6GB Dual Channel Memory, 1TB HDD and 8x DVD
- Up to 13.5 Hours of battery life
The Acer Aspire E 15 comes with the 8th generation Intel Core i3 at 2.2 GHz. It has an awesome 15.6-inch full high definition widescreen at 1920 x 1080 with LED-lit display. You have 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, and DVD at 8x. It comes with a Windows 10 Home edition, which is more than compatible with the Cricut Maker. And because of its long-life and powerful battery, you can use this Acer laptop with your Cricut anywhere.
- 8th gen Intel Core i3 2.2GHz chip
- 6” full high definition widescreen 1920 x 1080 with LED lit screen
- 6GB RAM, 1TB HDD, and DVD at 8x
- Battery life up to 13.5 hours
- Windows 10 Home
- Multitask faster
- Larger and more vivid screen
- More storage space
- With updated Windows 10
- Complaints that it’s too slow
- Problems with sleep functions and Quick Start
3. Best Gaming Laptop PC: Acer Predator Helios 300
- With updated Intel Core i7 6-core processor
- With updated NVIDIA GeForce
- Faster response times with larger memory
- 9th Generation Intel Core i7 9750H 6 Core Processor (Up to 4.5GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti Graphics with 6GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms...
- Backlit Keyboard; LAN: Killer Ethernet E2500 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; Wireless: Killer...
The Acer Predator Helios comes with an updated 9th gen Core i7 6-core CPU and runs with a Windows 10 Home at 64-bit. You’ll love checking out your projects with this large and vivid 15.6 –inch high definition widescreen. It has room for upgrades with its 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB PCIe SSD and a readily-available hard drive bay. It is made for gaming with its enhanced wireless capabilities and upgraded 4th generation, all-metal Aero Blade fan.
- 9th gen Intel Core i7 6-core CPU
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics card, 6GB of GDDR6 VRAM
- Full HD 15.6” widescreen with LED-backlit IPS screen
- 144Hz Refresh Rate, 300 nit brightness and 3 ms overdrive response times
- 16GB DDR4m 256GB PCIe SSD
- Backlit keyboard, DoubleShot Pro Wireless AC
- All-Metal Aero Blade 3D laptop fan
- Faster and more efficient
- More storage space
- Brighter and more vivid screen
- Easy backlit keyboard
- Durable fan
- The fan is a bit loud
- Complaints that the keyboard is poorly designed
4. Cheapest Laptop for Cricut Maker: Lenovo IdeaPad A9
- With a crisp and clear video.
- With a large and vivid display.
- With a solid-state drive.
- Windows 10 Home; AMD A9-9425 processor; 15. 6" display; 4GB memory; 128GB solid state drive;...
The Lenovo IdeaPad is a laptop that will enhance your productivity. It will give you a crisp and clear video from its large 15.6-inch display. Because of its AMD A9 processor, you can multitask faster, manage files better, and will give you a better and tougher performance. It has a fast solid-state drive, which will let you move from app to app quickly. It is recognized as the best choice for ordinary computing as well as multi-taskers. It’s also a good choice for Cricut users to do all kinds of projects at home or in school.
- 5 GHz Intel CPU
- 1366 x 768 display size
- 128 GB hard disk size
- Windows 10 Home edition
- DDR4 SDRAM RAM
- Solid State Hard Drive
- 6 –inch screen
- AMD Radeon R5 graphics card
- No optical drive
- Faster processor speeds
- Larger display size
- More storage space
- Best for multi-taskers
- Complaints that it slows down
- The battery life is not up to the mark.
5. Best High-End Laptop: HP 15 Core i5
- This is an updated HP touchscreen laptop
- Faster processing speeds
- With a larger and more vivid display
- Fast Processor 10th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i5-1035g1 Processor quad-core 1 0 GHz Base...
- Display 15 6-Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366 x...
- Fast boot up with SSD Boot up in seconds transfer files without waiting hours and enjoy a snappier...
- 1 HDMI 1 4b 1 headphone/microphone combo 1 USB 3 1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s) 2 USB 3...
The HP 15 is an HD touchscreen laptop with a large 15.6” screen. It is powered by a 10th generation Intel i5 to give you faster performance for multiple apps. It boots faster with its SSD. This updated HD laptop is perfect for a Cricut Maker because of its vivid screen, faster data transfer via USB. This comes with a Windows 10 Home edition, and thus it’s practical and compatible with Cricut models.
- 10th gen Intel Core i5 chip with Turbo Boost Technology
- 6” display WLED backlit 1366 x 768
- SSD Boot 512 GB, M2 Solid State Drive
- Connects using HDMI, USB 3
- Windows Home 10 edition
- With no DVD, optical drive
- Faster performance
- Faster boot-ups
- A larger and more stunning display
- Enhanced connectivity
- Poor viewing angle
- It has average battery life.
6. Best For Professionals: Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop
- Full high definition display.
- With Windows 10 protection.
- With an active pen for enhanced design and creativity.
- With a 1920 x 1080 Full HD touch screen Display and the powerful and efficient AMD Ryzen 5 3500U...
- Comprehensive, built-in, ongoing protection with Windows 10 helps protect you against viruses,...
- Convenient true block privacy shutter allows you to physically close your PC's webcam whenever...
- With the included active Pen, you can draw or take notes directly on the screen, anywhere you go
The Lenovo Flex 14 is a versatile laptop that comes with a high definition touchscreen display. It is one of the most powerful with a Ryzen 5 processor. With this power, you can play games, work with your designs, stream videos, and listen to songs for many hours on end. You’ll love its amazing display courtesy of the Radeon Vega 8. This allows you faster video or photo editing capabilities. It comes with an active pen that you can use to draw or to take notes on the screen.
- Full-HD 1920 x 1080 touchscreen
- AMD Ryzen 5
- Radeon Vega 8
- With HDMI, USB C and 3.1
- Windows 10
- Comes with active Pen
- 10 Hours battery life, recharge technology
- Touchscreen display
- Faster video or photo editing capabilities
- Safer and more efficient
- Draw and take notes with Pen
- Longer battery life
- It has way too many USB ports on the sides.
7. Best For Students: Dell Inspiron 15 5000 5570
- 2019 Dell Inspiron model with upgraded features.
- More storage space and faster computing speeds
- Touchscreen, vivid and colorful display
- 16GB DDR4 RAM; Storage: 512GB M. 2 SSD + 1TB HDD (Seal is broken for upgrades Only, Professional...
- 8th Generation Intel Quad Core i5-8250U (1. 6 GHz base frequency, up to 3. 4 GHz with Intel Turbo...
- 15. 6 Inch Touchscreen FHD (1920x1080) (10-Finger Multi-TOUCH support) | Integrated Intel UHD...
- Waves MaxxAudio | HDMI | USB type-A 3. 1 Gen 1 | Gigabit Ethernet Port | 802. 11ac Wi-Fi + BlueTooth...
The Dell Inspiron 15 comes with an 8th generation quad-core Intel i5. It has a large and upgradable memory and comes with Turbo Boost technology. This has a large 15.6-inch touchscreen 10-finger Multi-Touch capabilities. Under the hood is an Intel UHD Graphics card 620 with a maximum resolution meant for 4K videos 4096 x 2304 at 60 Hz. It runs on Windows 10 Home at 64-bit. It is a laptop for students, small business owners, and DIY enthusiasts. It is best for Cricut machines from Joy to the Cricut Maker.
- 8th gen Intel quad-core i5 – Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- 6-inch touchscreen with 10-finger multiple touch support
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 card
- With updated Waves Maxx Audio
- Connects using HDMI, USB A 3, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi+Bluetooth
- With a backlit keyboard, webcam at 720p and has no optical/DVD drive
- Windows 10 Home at 6-bit
- Upgradable memory
- Quad-core chip-faster processing speeds
- Large HD screen
- Enhanced audio
- Improved connectivity
- Loud fan noise
- Problems with overheating quickly
- It has average battery life.
8. Best Runner Up: ASUS ZenBook 13 Ultra-Slim Laptop
- Enhanced security with fingerprint features.
- With more ways to connect to external devices
- Sleek and lightweight design.
- 13.3 inch wide-view full-HD NanoEdge bezel display
- Intel Core i5-8265u processor (6M Cache, upto 3.9 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD and 8GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Extensive connectivity with HDMI, USB type C, Wi-Fi 5 (802.11AC) and Micro SD card reader (USB...
The ASUS ZenBook is a slim and light laptop that’s perfect for taking anywhere. It has a 13.3-inch full high definition screen with NanoEdge bezel. It has an Intel Core i5 processor for faster and more efficient computing power. You’ll get fast storage and larger memory capacity to keep files, photos, videos, and apps galore. It is lightweight, sleek, and ideal for working anywhere, especially with a Cricut Maker.
- Intel Core i5 processor
- 3-inch full HD wide-view display with NanoEdge bezel
- 512GB PCIe SSD, 8GB RAM
- Connects with HDMI, Wi-Fi, USB and microSD card reader
- Lightweight at only 2.5 pounds
- Aluminum body
- Windows 10 Home edition
- High definition, nano-edge display
- Faster processing speeds
- Extensive connectivity
- Lightweight and sleek design
- Noisy fan
- The audio quality can be better
- It has average battery life.
9. Best for All Cricut Maker: Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- With a slim and sleek design.
- With a full high-definition display.
- Available in AMD Ryzen 3, 5 and 7 models
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile...
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 Hours Battery Life
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Port, 2 USB 2.0 Ports & 1 HDMI Port with HDCP support
The Acer Aspire 5 is a slim laptop that runs on AMD Ryzen 3. It has a stunning 15.6 inches screen thanks to its AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics card. It is a laptop with wonderful capabilities as it can connect through its multiple ports (USB ports, HDMI, and HDCP support). It is equipped with an updated Wi-Fi feature and has longer battery life. This certainly works great for DIYers using the Cricut Maker.
- AMD Ryzen dual-core chip
- 4GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB PCIe SSD
- 6-inch full high definition widescreen display, with LED-backlit and IPS features
- AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics
- Connects using USB, 3.1 and 2.0, HDMI and HDCP
- Windows 10 Sedition
- Backlit keyboard
- 5 hours of battery life
- Powerful dual-core processor
- Large and stunning laptop
- Enhanced connectivity
- Sleek and modern design
- The battery life is average
10. Cheapest Gaming Laptop: Asus TUF FX606DT
- A gaming laptop with a large full-HD screen.
- It enhanced GeForce graphics.
- It improved Wi-Fi and connectivity.
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB graphics (base: 1395MHz, Boost: 1560MHz, TDP: 50W)
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 r5-3550h processor
- 15.6” 120Hz full HD (1920x1080) IPS-type display
- 256GB NVMe SSD | 8GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 Home
The Asus TUF gaming laptop is a tough laptop with the stunning Nvidia GeForce GTX 4GB graphics card. Under the hood is a quad-core chip, AMD Ryzen 5, a 256GB NVMe solid-state drive, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and enhanced Wi-Fi 5. It runs on Windows 10 Home edition, making it perfect for the Cricut Maker. It has a colorful 15.6” full high definition screen with an IPS style display.
- Quad-core AMD Ryzen 5 chip r5-3550h
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 4Gb graphics card 1650
- 6-inch 120Hz full high definition IPS display
- Windows 10 Home edition
- Wi-Fi 5 compatible
- Dual fans
- RGB backlit keyboard
- Powerful gaming graphics
- Faster processing times
- Full high-definition display
- Durable gaming device
- Loud fan
- Complaints that the keys are too narrow
Remember the following when you buying the best laptop for Cricut Maker:
- Consider the laptop specs
Always check the specs, especially screen size, processor type and speeds, graphics, and memory. These affect the speed, the efficiency, and the display of the digital device which you need to run the Cricut app. Check and compare the specs of two or more laptops before settling with the best.
- Consider connectivity
Remember that the Cricut Maker connects via USB and Bluetooth. These should be available and at the most updated versions in the device, you want to buy.
- Battery power is important
You need a laptop that won’t fail on you when you’re uploading or managing your designs. You need a laptop with a powerful battery that will last longer and charge faster.
- Lightweight and sleek laptops are best
If you need to take your laptop and Cricut Maker to work, school, or to your home office, then you need a lightweight laptop. A sleek model will match a modern home or home office, and of course, a stunning display is inspiring to use with the Cricut Maker and other Cricut models.
According to our review of the ten best laptops for Cricut Maker, the ASUS VivoBook is our best bet. There are several reasons why we think this is a good laptop for Cricut machines because. First, it runs on an 8th gen Intel Core i5 chip, which means it’s fast, perfect for multitasking, and can load apps faster.
Next, it has a stunning huge 15.6” Full HD display that will help you concentrate on any cutting project. The screen is gorgeous, with a 0.3 inches NanoEdge bezel. It’s stylish and sleek, perfect for a modern crafts room or home office. Also, this laptop has a lot of storage space to keep your designs and room for more files, videos, photos, and apps. This connects to the Cricut Maker using Bluetooth or USB connectivity, and because it is portable, light, and easy to take anywhere, you can work on your projects from anywhere.
We recommend the ASUS VivoBook to people who want to use the Cricut Maker. We believe this will enhance the performance of this Cricut model to give you the best results whether you’re using this Cricut for home or business.