One of the toughest tasks of choosing a quality pilot watch is finding out the perfect combination of multifunctional features and style. Though you hardly become able to get one with classic features and style, it’s so expensive that you cannot afford it.
So after going through a lot of research and expert opinion, we have made a list of the best pilot watch under 500.
Every watch on our list comes with some distinctive features that pilots love to have. We think the build quality and outlook of each model is superbly perfect for ensuring higher durability and better style.
8 Best Pilot Watch Under 500 (Reviews & Guide)
- 1 8 Best Pilot Watch Under 500 (Reviews & Guide)
- 1.1 1. Seiko Men’s SNA411 Watch
- 1.2 2. Bulova Men’s Lunar Pilot Watch 96B251
- 1.3 3. Seiko Men’s SND255P1 Pilot Watch
- 1.4 4. Casio Men’s EF527D-1AV “Edifice” Watch
- 1.5 5. Seiko Men’s SNN241 Watch
- 1.6 6. Laco Augsburg Automatic Pilot Watch 861688
- 1.7 7. AVI-8 Men’s AV-4011 Watch
- 1.8 8. Mens Automatic Waterproof Multifunction Watch
- 1.9 What to consider before buying the best pilot watch under $500
- 2 Final Recommendation
Apart from all these, every watch includes adjustable measurement features so it will fit your wrist nicely. So let’s start reviewing all the watches and finding out which one is the best pick for you.
1. Seiko Men’s SNA411 Watch
Seiko Men’s Flight Alarm Chronograph Watch comes with excellent gear-edge bezel that surrounds the dial window wonderfully and looks perfectly suitable to the watch. The dial of the watch makes the outlook so nice that everyone will be impressed by it.
- Round watch with black dial featuring gear-edge bezel, multiple subdials, date window, and fluted...
- 42 mm stainless steel case with Hardlex dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with display
- Stainless steel link bracelet with fold-over push-button clasp and safety closure
This premium quality watch is designed and developed with the most popular Japanese quartz movement mechanism with an easy to use display. The 42 mm stainless steel case holds the Hardlex dial window and ensures the higher durability of the watch.
The Seiko SNA411 pilot watch is very simple to use and represents sophistication. However, it looks heavier with multiple subdials, date window, a lot of dots and marks, alarmed second hand, screw-down fluted crown, screw locking buttons, etc.
- The Hardlex crystal of the watch is scratch resistant.
- The chronograph measurement is 60 minutes, and it will keep operational for up to 12 hours.
- It’s wonderfully water-resistant to 200 meters.
- You can use the rotating bezel as a slide rule.
- The luminous hands and hours markers are bright enough to use in any dark environment.
2. Bulova Men’s Lunar Pilot Watch 96B251
If you look for the popular and high-quality sapphire glass watch, then Bulova Men’s Lunar Pilot Chronograph Watch is for you. This watch is developed by the high-performance UHF quartz movement mechanism that ensures everything that a quality mechanical watch needs.
- Six hand calendar chronograph, stainless steel screw-back case in silver-tone finish and black dial,...
- Quartz Movement. Two interchangeable straps are included -- one a textured black leather; the other,...
- Case Diameter: 45mm ; Case Thickness: 13.5 mm
- Water Resistant To 50m: In General, Withstands Splashes or Brief Immersion In Water, but not...
The Bulova 96b251 lunar pilot watch comes with a six hand calendar chronograph that has added more sophistication to the watch. The silver-toned finish and sides of the watch are so perfect that it would amaze anyone easily. Moreover, the stainless steel case offers more durability.
It includes two unique and interchangeable straps, among which one is textured black leather, and another one is black nylon with nubuck leather. This watch features easy to use and logical to read benefits to offer you more convenience.
- The precision timing of this watch is 1/1,000th of a second, so it’s very fast in showing precision time.
- The curved mineral crystal and the wonderful dial window is scratch resistant and ensures beauty.
- The luminous hour and minute hands deliver sufficient light during any dark environment.
- It’s effectively water-resistant to 300 meters.
- This watch comes with its signature floating second hand.
3. Seiko Men’s SND255P1 Pilot Watch
If you are looking for an extraordinary watch with some special functions that let you convert units and calculate important flight data, then we would recommend Seiko Men’s Flightmaster Pilot Slide Rule Chronograph Watch for you. The rotary-type slide of the watch will help you to do that easily.
- Japanese Quartz Movement
- Case diameter: 42mm
- Hardlex Crystal
- Stainless Steel case with Stainless-Steel band
The bracelet of this Seiko SND255P1 pilot watch is made of high-quality stainless steel and includes deployant closure. The stainless steel case of the watch is 41 mm, and the size of the watch is standard so that it will fit your wrist wonderfully. The silver-toned finish and sides will impress you very much.
The bezel of this watch includes a slide rule that helps to do some arithmetic, conversions, and a compass scale that helps in navigation and orientation. This wonderful watch also has the function to calculate the speed and fuel consumption rate of the plane.
- The watch comes with 1/20 sec to 60 minutes stopwatch function and a 12-hour totalizer.
- It’s developed by the Seiko Caliber 7T92 quartz movement mechanism.
- The luminous markers and hands are bright enough and easily viewable in any environment.
- The stainless steel bracelet contains a superior push-button deployant clasp.
- It’s water-resistant to 100 meters.
4. Casio Men’s EF527D-1AV “Edifice” Watch
If you are fond of a special edition watch that includes an extraordinary looking bracelet, then we would recommend Casio Men’s “Edifice” Stainless Steel Multi-Function Watch for you. The bracelet of this watch is made of high-quality stainless steel and includes deployant closure.
- Silver-tone watch featuring left-handed crown and black dial with 1/20-second chronograph function,...
- 45.5 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with analog display
- Stainless steel band featuring fold-over push-button clasp with safety
The stainless steel case of this watch is comparatively larger than all other watches in the list of our best pilot watch under 500. The watch features a slide-rotating inner bezel that supports the dial window of the watch perfectly.
This high-quality watch is developed with the most popular Japanese quartz movement mechanism that ensures everything of a superior mechanical watch. All the dialers of the watch are placed so perfectly. That enhances the looks of the watch to a great extent.
- This pilot watch includes a 1/20-second stopwatch chronograph function up to 60 minutes.
- Casio Edifice EF527D-1AV watch comes with three unique sub-dials that displays 60-second, 60-minute, and 12-hour.
- The scratch-resistant mineral crystal never gets any spot or scratch.
- The watch is water-resistant to 100 meters, so you don’t have any tension while swimming and showering.
- The date display window of the watch is wonderfully placed at 3 o’clock position.
5. Seiko Men’s SNN241 Watch
Seiko Men’s SNN241 Stainless Steel Watch is for those who are looking for something highly functional with easy to use features. This versatile stainless steel watch is developed with the globally reputed Japanese quartz movement mechanism, and it includes an analog display.
- Versatile stainless steel watch featuring brown dial with two subdials and date window at 6 o'clock
- 42.6-mm stainless steel case with hardlex dial window
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Contrast-stitched leather band with buckle closure
The dial window, date window, and different hands of the watch are perfectly crafted and come with a wonderfully matching tone that increases your personality and sophistication. The Hardlex dial window is placed beautifully in the 42.6 mm stainless steel case.
The luminous white hands and hour markers are adequately brighter and contrast well with the beautiful brown dial. This gorgeous looking watch is certainly an exceptional collection for pilots to show some style and sophistication.
- The hardlex dial window of this watch is scratch resistant.
- It’s also water-resistant to 100 meters so that you can use this watch in water without any tension.
- This Seiko SNN241 watch includes two beautiful sub-dials that perform better.
- The leather band of this watch is contrast-stitched and includes buckle closure.
- The date display of the watch is placed at the 6 o’clock position.
You may explore 11 Best Automatic Watches Under 500 Reviews
You may also discover 10 Best Women’s Watches Under 200 (Reviews & Guide)
6. Laco Augsburg Automatic Pilot Watch 861688
Many of you look for the original WWII German pilot watch design. So Laco Augsburg Type A Dial German Automatic Pilot Watch is for you. This watch is made in Germany utilizing the automatic-self-wind movement mechanism to offer better functionality and higher performance.
- Made in Germany
- Original WWII German Pilot watch design
- Stainless-steel case, black dial, sapphire crystal
- Automatic-self-wind movement
The dial window of the Laco pilot watch is of the most popular sapphire glass, which is amazingly scratch resistant. The black theme in the stainless steel case looks incredibly great and promotes sophistication. The case measurement of this watch is 42 mm, so it will fit your wrist wonderfully.
This gorgeous watch comes with a brown leather strap that includes rivets. The hands and dial markers of this watch are targeted with SuperLuminova, and these can provide enough light so you can easily use the watch in any dark environment.
- The watch is wonderfully water-resistant to 50 meters.
- All the functions of this watch are easy so that you can use this watch conveniently.
- The stainless steel case and sides of the watch are polished by silver-tone that enhances sophistication.
- The second, minute and hour hands of the watch are shaped wonderfully and work perfectly.
- This automatic watch comes with 21 jewels.
7. AVI-8 Men’s AV-4011 Watch
AVI-8 Men’s AV-4011 Hawker Hurricane Analog Display Japanese Quartz Watch wonderfully combines the aviation-inspired mechanism, outstanding performance, and elegant look. This excellent pilot watch is developed with the Japanese chronograph movement mechanism to offer higher performance.
- Aviation-inspired watch in stainless steel with tachymeter bezel and multicolored chronograph sub...
- Japanese quartz movement with analog display
- Japanese-quartz Movement
- Case Diameter: 42mm
This watch will definitely satisfy all your expectations with a variety of features and useful parts such as chronograph subdials, tachymeter, mineral crystal lens, date window, white dial with black index, and a lot more. Everything together makes the watch look better.
This high-quality hawker hurricane watch is wonderfully water-resistant to 50 meters. As a result, you can use this watch while you are swimming, showering, snorkeling, and other activities in the water. The watch also comes with a genuine leather strap that includes a buckle.
- The stainless steel case of the watch ensures higher durability so you can use it year after year.
- The date window is wonderfully placed at a 3 o’clock position that looks great.
- The band length of this model is men’s standard so that it will fit your wrist perfectly.
- The display type of this watch is analog to give you easier performance.
- The strap of this watch is made of high-quality leather, so it lasts for a long time.
8. Mens Automatic Waterproof Multifunction Watch
Men’s Automatic Machine Stainless Steel Sapphire Waterproof Multifunction Brown Leather Watch is a military pilot style watch for men. It’s developed with the high-quality 25 jewels automatic mechanical movement mechanism to deliver you the performance beyond your expectations.
- Military pilot styles for men, with days, week, month ,24hours display
- High quality 25 jewel automatic mechanical movement,Time accurate
- Synthetic sapphire glass and solid stainless steel case and leather band
- Luminous hands and figure (need to absorb light energy storage)
The time accuracy of this automatic watch is incredibly great. The dial window is made of synthetic sapphire glass that never gets any scratch. The solid stainless steel case ensures better longevity and higher stability. This watch also fits your wrist perfectly with standard size measurements.
This watch comes with a separate day, week, month, and 24-hour display. So you get separate functionality and a better outlook. The body and strap of the watch will greatly express your personality and style.
- The luminous hands and hour markers are perfectly bright in the dark environment.
- The strap of the watch is made of high-quality leather.
- All the settings of this watch are easy for everyone.
- This military watch comes with some easy multifunctional options.
- It’s wonderfully water-resistant so you can use it while swimming or showering.
What to consider before buying the best pilot watch under $500
There are some essential factors that you should consider while going to buy a pilot watch. Though we have followed all the rules of choosing the best pilot watch under 500, we are going to mention some of the important factors that will help you to find out the best one beyond our list. So let’s have a look at what you should consider before buying a high-quality pilot watch.
A pilot watch with comparatively a larger dial is better for a pilot. It will allow you to see the time or any important information at a glance. So you don’t need to waste your time staring at the watch for a long time unnecessarily. So you should consider this factor before buying a pilot watch.
The bezel and its markings of a pilot watch are very important considerations. It makes the difference between a pilot watch and a common watch. Bezel markings help the pilot to go through wind correction angle, fuel consumption calculation, different unit conversions, etc. So before going to choose a pilot watch, you should consider this fact seriously.
If you choose the one with stainless steel case, stainless steel bracelet or quality leather strap, scratch-resistant crystal, water-resistant feature, brighter luminous hand and hour markers, etc. then it would be good for you. All these features ensure better quality and performance.
Bracelet or Strap
Whether you choose a bracelet watch or a leather strap watch, you have to check the quality of the metal or the leather. After ensuring the quality, you can choose any of the bracelet watch or leather strap watch. So you should consider this aspect carefully as it represents your personality.
It’s also equally important to check the second, minute, and hour hand of the watch, dial window, size of different dials, functionality, finishing, etc. Only after ensuring all these features, you should make a purchase decision.
Hopefully, you have got your desired combination of the style and functionality in all the models of the best pilot watch under 500 list. Some of the models are amazingly useful for aviation, and some look gorgeous and perfect for pilots. So you can choose the one that fits you the most.
However, we would suggest you Laco Augsburg Type A Dial German Automatic Pilot Watch. This watch is dedicatedly made for pilots with original WWII German pilot watch design and scratch-resistant sapphire glass crystal.
If you look for a bit more affordable pilot watch, then we would recommend Seiko Men’s SND255P1 Flightmaster Pilot Slide Rule Chronograph Watch for you. This model comes with a rotary-type slide rule that allows you to convert different units and calculate various essential flight data or metrics, speed, fuel consumption, etc. The style and build quality of this watch are also perfect to represent the personality of a pilot.