Weightlifting is not just a man’s sport. It’s also a sport for women that tests strength, endurance, and power. But to be effective, a woman has to train hard and to use the best kind of fitness equipment and included are the best weight lifting shoes. This is a review of the best weightlifting shoes for women. This kind of shoes is not your average workout shoes for women.
Lifting shoes for women are made from very strong and durable materials, shaped to fit women’s feet to create that locked-in feeling. It is also breathable and very comfortable, which is important for women who engage in powerlifting, lifting weights for strength training, and also for cross-fit training.
And whether you’re new to using cross fit shoes for women or you’re looking for a better pair of lifting shoes for women, we know you’ll love these awesome weightlifting shoes.
Our Best Weightlifting Shoes For Women
- 1 Our Best Weightlifting Shoes For Women
- 1.1 Reebok Women’s Legacylifter Sneaker
- 1.2 Inov-8 Fastlift 335 Powerlifting Weight Lifting Training Shoes
- 1.3 NOBULL Women’s Training Shoes
- 1.4 Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Top Sneaker
- 1.5 Nike WMNS Metcon 5 Women’s Ao2982-004
- 1.6 Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Shoreline Low Top Sneaker
- 1.7 PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WNs FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
- 1.8 Nike Women’s WMNS Metcon 3 Trainers
- 1.9 Reebok Women’s CROSSFIT Nano 8.0 Flexweave Cross Trainer
- 1.10 Adidas Women’s Powerlift 4 Cross Trainer
- 1.11 What To Look For The Best Weightlifting Shoes For Women?
- 1.12 The Benefits Of Wearing The Best Weightlifting Shoes For Women
- 1.13 FAQ
- 1.14 Final Verdict
Here we present our selections for the best weightlifting shoes for women. So you can get started right away.
Reebok Women’s Legacylifter Sneaker
The Reebok Women’s LegacyLifter Sneaker is a pair that’s designed for powerlifters and weight lifters alike. It is made from leather as well as synthetic materials that are comfortable, breathable. It has a strong and powerful rubber sole that will keep your grip on the floor, especially during training and competition.
- TPU heel piece in the midsole for stability and control
- Materials: Perforated synthetic leather upper with mesh for breathability
- Anatomical shape with double upper straps for a customized, locked-in feel
- Grip rubber provides traction and durability
Key Features about these shoes:
- The Reebok Legacy Lifter for women is a shoe that’s designed for ultimate power, control, and protection during weightlifting, powerlifting, and when weight training.
- It is made from durable materials and shaped for precision, and that locked-in feeling needed by weight trainers.
- These could be the weightlifting shoes for women you have been looking for.
The shaft of this sneaker is low top from the arch. It has double straps that you can easily adjust according to your level of comfort. You’ll feel that your feet are locked in and comfortable with these Reebok sneakers.
- Made from comfortable materials
- With a durable and stable rubber sole
- Low-top arch
- Stable and breathable
- With a locked-in feel
- Complaints that it is too short
Inov-8 Fastlift 335 Powerlifting Weight Lifting Training Shoes
Available in three color combinations, the Inov-8 Fastlift powerlifting weight training shoes womens are made from quality 100% synthetic materials. It comes with a rubber sole, which has a good grip and safe to use daily or in a competition. This has a taller heel that measures around 1.25” with a platform of 0.25”. This helps support the entire foot when lifting heavyweights.
- OUTSTANDING GRIP - Outsole rubber holds secure on the box/gym floor, especially when lifting heavy...
- ENHANCED STABILITY - External Heel Cage and POWER-TRUSS technology gives lateral stability and a...
- MID-FOOT HOLD - A Velcro strap over the top of the shoe adds a second layer of mid-foot hold after...
- FLEXIBILITY - META-FLEX technology in the forefoot provides more comfortable movements. Lower heel...
- The Inov-8 Fastlift is a colorful, safe, and comfortable powerlifting or weightlifting shoes for women.
- It is designed with a taller heel and platform to enhance lifting form and strength.
- It also comes with an improved design that protects the feet and improves grip.
- It may be the weightlifting shoes for you.
Fastlift’s outsole rubber will hold on any type of floor, including gym floors, boxing floors, and cement floors, as you lift heavy types of weights. It has improved stability with its outer heel cage plus the Power Truss feature that provides lateral strength and stability, which are again important during powerlifting.
- Made from durable materials
- With a safe and secure sole
- Taller heel and platform
- Improved stability
- Improved design
- Problems with size
- Complaints it’s too firm
NOBULL Women’s Training Shoes
This is a pair of women’s training shoes available in more than ten different colors. It is a show that’s perfect for lifting weights and is also for climbing, sliding, running, and grinding. It won’t keep you down because it is designed to be lightweight, flexible, and breathable.
- Run, climb, slide, grind, lift....these kicks have you covered. Lightweight, breathable and flexible...
- The upper of the Trainer features a seamless one-piece construction of SuperFabric, an extremely...
- The SuperFabric guard plates are applied on a highly flexible mesh base layer, creating a 360 degree...
- The outsole lug pattern was designed for multi-environment usage, allowing for an easy transition...
- The NOBULL Women’s Training Shoes is a training shoe that’s made for all kinds of activities, not just for weightlifting.
- It’s constructed out of a one-piece, durable material that is designed to keep feet comfortable and protected as you perform different activities.
- It ensures an easy transition from one environment to another.
- It could be the best weightlifting shoes that are perfect for you.
It is made from a one-piece SuperFabric material that is durable, abrasion-resistant, and breathable and has an amazing feel. The SuperFabric guard plates are also applied on the mesh base that shields the shoe well. It is easy to move from an indoor area to an outdoor area when you’re wearing these training shoes.
- Lightweight shoe that’s breathable
- Made from durable materials
- Designed to keep your feet safe
- Easily transition from outdoors to indoors
- Available in different colors
- Problems with sizing
- Complaints that material was too stiff
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star High Top Sneaker
The Converse Chuck Taylor All-Star has been around since 1917, and over many years, it has become a part of urban fashion. It is made from durable and breathable canvas with a vulcanized rubber sole for improved traction control.
- Shoes availavble are in UK sizes. Refer size chart for US size conversion
- Lace-up, high-top sneaker
- OrthoLite insole for cushioning
- Medial eyelets for airflow
- The Converse Chuck Taylor is a classic, and it’s not just on the street but also in the gym.
- It is a fashionable shoe that’s available in a variety of colors and designs.
- It is made from secure materials and is comfortable to wear.
- It could be the stylish, classic, yet comfortable, and durable pair of weightlifting shoes that’s perfect for you.
This is very important for weightlifters to ensure that they are safe and secure as they lift powerful weights. It is great for fashion, impressive on the streets and is also great for sports.
- Made from durable materials
- Classic high-top shaft
- With a comfortable cushioned insole
- Can be worn outside the gym
- Available in different colors and designs
- Not very comfortable for some
- Sizing problems
Nike WMNS Metcon 5 Women’s Ao2982-004
The Nike Metcon 5 is an all-around fitness and workout shoes. It is designed for stability with a low, wide, and flat heel so you can get a good grip of the floor as you lift weights, or as you train with weights. It comes with a removable insert that will give you enhanced stability as you perform thrusts, squats, and wall balls.
- STRATEGIC STABILITY A low, flat and wide heel now features a removable Hyperlift insert that adds...
- ZONED DURABILITY Textured print on the top of the shoe adds lightweight durability where it's...
- ENHANCED GRIP Directional traction on the outsole wraps up the side of the shoe for grip when...
- Nike Metcon 5 has been designed to provide safe and secure fitness, workout, and weightlifting shoe.
- It is stable as it has a wider and flatter heel, and with the removable insert, you will have better stability and improved weight.
- It is perfect for women who want to perform better and lift weights more efficiently as long as the right size is considered.
The material used to make this lovely shoe comes with a textured print that improves the style and enhances its weight. This has an improved grip with directional traction that hugs the sides of the show for improved grip when you climb or slide.
- Low and flat with a wide heel
- Hyperlift insert
- Durable materials
- Enhanced grip
- Sizing problems
Converse Chuck Taylor All Star Shoreline Low Top Sneaker
The Converse Women’s Chuck Taylor All Star is a low-top sneaker but retains the design, color, and classic soul of the regular Chuck Taylor shoe. It is made from textiles, so it’s washable and easy to maintain. It comes with a durable synthetic sole that will keep your feet safe, whether you’re powerlifting or weight lifting.
- Slip-on, low-top sneaker
- Fixed laces. Features medial eyelets and no tie design
- Elastic collar
- Pull loop. Fit tip is true to size recommend your normal size
- The Converse Women’s Chuck Taylor is a sneaker that’s an update of the classic high-cut Converse sneaker.
- But this one is made of durable and easy to maintain materials and is designed to be worn daily anywhere, even in the gym.
- It is a good weightlifting shoe for women because its’ stable, easy to wear, and comes with a durable core.
- Meanwhile, some users have encountered sizing issues, but despite these.
- The Converse Chuck Taylors for women remains a good candidate as the best weightlifting shoe for women.
This is a slip-on sneaker, so it’s easy to wear even when you’re in a hurry. And other features like a fixed no-tie lace makes it safe to use while weightlifting. The collar is elastic, and the eyelets have a unique design.
- Made from washable textile
- Strong synthetic sole
- Low shaft with elastic collar
- Easy to wear and install
- Available in different colors
- Sizing issues
PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 WNs FM Cross-Trainer Shoe
The PUMA Women’s Tazon 6 is a good cross-trainer shoe that’s made from genuine leather and synthetic material. It has a unique, well-designed rubber sole that enhances grip on any kind of surface. The shaft measures the low top from the arch.
- Midfoot saddle for maximum fit and comfort
- EVA in the heel absobs impact. TPU shank for increased stability
- Breathable EcoOrthoLite sockliner for optimum fit and comfort
- The Puma Tazon is made from very durable yet comfortable materials.
- It has a stable sole and is versatile to use.
- It can be used in the gym when training outdoors and for lifting weights.
- Some say that it’s too rigid, especially the sole, and some agreed that it needs to be “broken in” before it’s comfortable to wear.
- But despite these, the Tazon remains a good weightlifting shoe for women that you should check out.
You can use this shoe for different activities, whether you’re running, training, weightlifting, or jogging. The PUMA Tazon 6 is available in three color combinations.
- Made from durable materials
- With a stable rubber sole
- Ensures safety when lifting weights
- Versatile training shoes
- Available in different color combinations
- Sole is too stiff and firm
- Sizing problems
Nike Women’s WMNS Metcon 3 Trainers
The Nike Women’s Metcon 3 trainer is made from synthetic material with a safe rubber sole. It comes with Flywire tech. That integrates the shoelaces from the midfoot to create a great fit. This locks your foot in place but won’t affect the foot’s natural movement.
- 3D-printed upper delivers optimal durability.
- Flywire cables integrate with the laces for a dynamic fit.
- Drop-in midsole offers a stable heel with a flexible forefoot.
- Low-profile heel clip rolls up on the sides to help minimize drag during wall exercises and...
- The Nike Metcon 3 is a pair for weightlifting, powerlifting, cross-fit, and for indoor or outdoor training.
- It is available in a wide variety of colors and color combinations and is made from very durable materials.
- Comfortable and cushions well despite some complaints that it is too tight or some problems with sizing.
- The Metcon 3 from Nike may just be the weightlifting shoes you’re looking for.
The design is dual-density with a drop-in style midsole, which makes the shoe firmer so it can handle the pressures of heavy lifting or powerlifting. Also, the design features a more comfortable forefoot for enhanced comfort when you walk, run, or jog.
It won’t easily wear or tear as all the high-wear areas of the shoe are covered with an embroidered TPU layer.
- Flywire technology
- Can handle the pressures of lifting
- Flexible and comfortable
- Won’t easily wear or tear
- Soft and perfect for any sport
- Complaints that these were too tight
- Problems with sizing
Reebok Women’s CROSSFIT Nano 8.0 Flexweave Cross Trainer
The Reebok CROSSFIT Nano 8.0 is a cross-trainer shoe that can also be used for weightlifting. It is made from tough fabric or textile with a sturdy rubber sole. The shaft is designed to be low-top from the arch, making it easier to lower back pain when walking, jump, jog, or lifting weights.
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT MATERIAL: These flex weave woven sneakers provide resilient stretch and...
- EFFICIENT FOOT SUPPORT: These stylish trainers with new heel bootie construction with added...
- COMFORTABLE AND STURDY DESIGN: This footwear features Toe Tection that provides durability for...
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE SPORT SHOES: Ideal for workouts and weightlifting
- The Reebok Women’s CROSSFIT Nano 8.0 is a weightlifting shoe that’s also great for cross-fit activities, indoor or outdoor workouts, and other exercises.
- It is made from durable materials and comes in several colors and color combinations.
- It is comfortable, sturdy, and lightweight.
- It may not be for all women since most complained it was too flat.
- But despite this and other flaws, it’s still worth checking out as a weightlifting shoe for women.
It is made from a very strong yet lightweight material that’s enhanced with Flexweave tech. This new feature makes the shoe more flexible and stable for any sport.
Aside from the strong material, it is designed with enhanced foot support. The heel bootie design with additional cushions makes this more comfortable. It also comes with Toe Tection with added durability during workouts. Finally, its low-cut style enhances ankle mobility so you can train, move, and workout all day.
- Made from the durable yet lightweight material
- Flexible and stable
- Comfortable to use in different activities
- Low cut design High-performance shoes
- Complaints that it’s too flat
- Sizing problems
Adidas Women’s Powerlift 4 Cross Trainer
The Adidas Women’s Powerlift 4 is a shoe that’s designed for cross-training and is also great for powerlifting shoes women or weightlifting. It is made from 100% textile or fabric and very durable synthetic materials.
- Weightlifting shoes with extra stability for a locked-down feel
- Narrow fit; Lace closure with hook-and-loop strap
- Strong canvas upper; Reinforced heel counter
- High-density die-cut midsole wedge; Flexible forefoot
- The Adidas Women’s Powerlift 4 is a pair made from synthetic materials and with a rubber sole that makes it very durable yet comfortable when used.
- It is a cross-trainer shoe but will also work well for people who indulge in weightlifting and powerlifting.
- And despite some flaws, this remains a good pair for weightlifting practices or competition for women.
It also comes with a flat rubber sole save for a honeycomb design. It comes with a high platform to add stability and comes with a narrow fit, convenient lace closure, and a strap that secures the feet.
- Made from very durable materials
- With a rubber sole
- High platform
- With a lock-down feel
- Lace closure with a Velcro strap
- Not for people with narrow feet
- Sizing problems
What To Look For The Best Weightlifting Shoes For Women?
When you go shopping for like, best women’s watches or the best weightlifting shoes for women, consider the following:
The drop heel in weightlifting shoes provides stability. This style also helps avoids turning your ankles and enhances your hold on the floor.
- Check the drop height
This is the drop in elevation from the heel and the toe from the shoe’s insole. When the heel is elevated, the shoe becomes more stable, and you can squat down with ease. Also, this optimizes physical exertion and increases your upward force.
- The best fit
Just like any shoe, a weightlifting shoe has to fit well. Also, a well-fitting shoe will help you focus and will avoid distractions because of a painful foot. Settle for a snug fit without the feeling of pinching your toes or the top of the foot. It should also be wide enough to accommodate the spreading of the foot, which happens when you lift heaving weights.
- Good value
Value means different from one person to another, but it could be anything like improved stability, great comfort, and good performance. And this is simply a natural thing when it comes to wearing the shoe.
The Benefits Of Wearing The Best Weightlifting Shoes For Women
Still unsure if a weightlifting shoe is for you; check out the following benefits of this type of shoe
- Provides better stability for weightlifters
With weightlifting shoes, your feet will be more stable when you pull weights, and you will stay safe as you perform different routines.
- Enhances flexibility
This type of show enhances your flexibility, lets you take the pressures of weightlifting, and keeps you in great shape before, during, and after your routines.
- For a more comfortable fit
Weightlifting demands concentration. Even a small thing like an ill-fitting shoe or a shoe that feels too tight can cost your performance. You need a very durable shoe for practice, training, and during the competition as well.
- When do you need to wear weightlifting shoes?
You should wear weightlifting shoes if you plan to engage in weight training or weight lifting activities. Take note that wearing other types of shoes may affect your performance, concentration, and versatility. Also, weightlifting shoes should be worn during training and competition.
- Why use a flat shoe for lifting things?
Weightlifting shoes may come with curved soles to enhance support for walking and running, but it’s best to use a flat shoe to improve support because it’s easier to push from the ground during routines like deadlifts and squats.
When you’re lifting things, a rigid or flat sole is better so the heel can press on the ground or floor during routines like squats as well as deadlifts. You can’t have strong feet if you use running shoes for weightlifting.
- Can you lift weights barefoot?
Lifting things like weights barefoot can enhance grip, power, and mobility; however, your ankle has less support. Also, you can’t use weights while barefoot in a gym because this is considered unhygienic. You may use weights barefoot if you want to train at home, but it’s better to wear weightlifting shoes instead.
- Is wearing weightlifting shoes a form of cheating?
You can lift better with weightlifting shoes with higher heels, and it’s not considered cheating to do so. If you’re a part of a competition and you’re unsure if a weightlifting shoe with higher heels is not permitted, talk to the committee in charge to find out before you compete.
- Do you need to use squat shoes aside from weightlifting shoes?
Most trainers and experts agree that if you are not into improving your overall performance, then you may not use the best squat shoes for women. But if you want to enhance your routines and lift weights regularly, then you should choose a durable, versatile and comfortable weightlifting shoe.
- What’s the difference between a weightlifting shoe for women and shoes for men?
Men’s shoes are larger and wider because their feet are larger and wider as well. Women’s shoes are smaller and slender, and this is because their feet are also naturally smaller and more slender than a man’s.
From our list of the ten best weightlifting shoes for women, we choose the Reebok Legacy Lifter. There are many reasons why Legacy Lifter is the best. First, it is designed for ultimate power, control, and protection, especially in activities like weightlifting, powerlifting, and when weight training.
This shoe is made from durable materials and is designed for precision and that locked-in feeling because of its secure locking design. It is a weightlifting shoe that’s available in different sizes, and thus you can easily choose the best one for you.
And despite some flaws, we still recommend the Legacy Lifter for safe, efficient, and reliable weight lifting activities. If you think that the Reebok Legacy Lifter is the right weightlifting shoe for you, check this product out from above.