Back pain is the worst. Not only is the pain so severe, but you can also hardly stand, sit, or even lie down without feeling pain. Back pain in women can range from regular aches after slouching all day to severe back pain caused by medical conditions like a slipped disc or degenerative disc conditions.
And depending on the case and severity of back pain, there are many ways to deal with back pain, and one of the unique ways is to use the best women’s shoes for lower back pain.
You might say the right best shoes for bad back. It seems outrageous, but it’s true. Women often suffer from back pain due to spine compression, and by wearing the best shoes for back pain women’s, the pressure is minimized from the spine. With the correct shoes for back pain sufferers, women can live and function pain-free.
The 10 Best Women’s Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- 1 The 10 Best Women’s Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- 1.1 1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 25 Running Shoes
- 1.2 2. Merrell Women’s Jungle Moc Slip-On
- 1.3 3. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Bondi 6 Running Shoes
- 1.4 4. Saucony Women’s Running Shoe
- 1.5 5. Saucony Women’s Zealot Iso 2 Running Shoe
- 1.6 6. ASICS Women’s Gel-Cumulus 20 Running Shoes
- 1.7 7. Brooks Women’s Addiction Walking Shoes
- 1.8 8. Vionic Women’s Walker For Back Pain
- 1.9 9. Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
- 1.10 10. Brooks Launch 5 Women’s Running Shoes
- 1.11 What Causes Lower Back Pain?
- 1.12 How to Deal With Lower Back Pain
- 1.13 Factors Consider Before Buying the Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- 1.14 FAQ About Best Women’s Shoes for Lower Back Pain
- 1.15 Final Verdict
If you’re looking for the best women’s walking shoes for lower back pain or shopping best shoes for back support as a gift, we have the top products for you.
1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 25 Running Shoes
Choose from more than twenty different colors for the ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano. This is a running shoe designed with comfortable features to help you reduce lower back pain.
The Gel-Kayano has a mesh-synthetic body with a rubberized sole. The shaft of this running shoe is low-top from the arch, making it easier to move, jog, run, or even exercise with this shoe.
- Gel-Kayano 25 women’s shoes are designed for a lightweight ride.
- The FLYTEFOAM technology employs organic super fibers
- The seamless materials and construction technique keep the runners free from uncomfortable pressure points.
- The sleek design inside the sleeve can match snugly around your foot like a sock.
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Improved cushioning system
- Enhances the foot’s natural movement/gait
- Makes gait more efficient
- Made of breathable mesh fabric
- Complaints that it does not have enough arch support
- Complaints that it’s not as soft
It is equipped with the ASICS Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel Technology Cushioning System. This feature helps absorb shock while engaging in high-impact activities. It also stops toe-offs and helps you move in different planes as the foot changes position as you walk or run.
Aside from this, the Gel-Kayano also has the IGS or Impact Guidance System feature that uses connected componentry to boost the foot’s natural movement heel-to-toe.
Finally, it also has the Guidance Line Midsole Technology, vertical grooves that make every step more efficient. And because of all these awesome features, this ASICS pair is one of the best women’s walking shoes for back pain that can ease lower back pain.
2. Merrell Women’s Jungle Moc Slip-On
The Merrell Women’s Jungle Moc Slip-on is made from very strong leather and comes with a versatile synthetic sole. The heel is just the right height at 1.25 inches but is very comfortable, soft, and ready to ease back pains.
- Merrell Jungle Moc creates the ultimate low-maintenance shoes.
- It includes a smooth upper and air cushion underfoot for extra support.
- This shoe is highly slip-resistant stability on wet and dry ground
- The long-lasting M Select fresh can prevents sweat and moisture from affecting the freshness of the shoes.
- It made of 100% types of leather and its sole is made of synthetic.
- Made from very strong leather
- With a synthetic and flexible sole
- Available in different colors and styles
- With antimicrobial lining
- With a well-cushioned heel
- Sizing problems
- Complaints that the upper is too rigid
The lining is made from high-quality Aegis material that has antimicrobial properties. It is also breathable, so your feet will stay fresh and at ease. Inside is a Merrell cushioned heel making this simple, casual, and comfortable.
This shoe is best for casual activities and not for exercising, jogging, or working out. It’s easy to wear and comes with a good fit as long as you follow its sizing guidelines. The Jungle Moc Slip-On is available in six different styles and colors: Midnight, Castlerock, Gunsmoke, Navy, Taupe, and Midnight Pig Suede.
3. HOKA ONE ONE Women’s Bondi 6 Running Shoes
HOKA ONE ONE is the best women’s shoes for lower back pain. These women’s running shoes for back pain made from very durable and easy to maintain mesh material and has a very thick yet flexible rubber sole.
The mesh upper is breathable and has synthetic overlays. The lining is also breathable and guarantees complete protection for your feet.
- It is the most cushioned shoe in the road-shoe lineup.
- This shoe offers a sleek, balanced ride delivered
- This shoe also can give you a consistent ride for all distances with comfort.
- The internal heel counter of this shoe provides a locked-in fit and support.
- With a breathable mesh upper
- With durable rubber sole
- With breathable textile lining
- With full –length midsole
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Not too comfortable on the arches and heels
- Problems with sizing
You can remove the insole padding to adjust the comfort level of this shoe. It is durable with an EVA midsole that can absorb shock and provide stability as you make every step.
Finally, the sole is very durable and comes with rubber inserts for enhanced grip. The HOKA ONE is available in more than ten different colors and color combinations and different women’s sizes to choose from.
4. Saucony Women’s Running Shoe
The Saucony Women’s Guide 10 Running Shoe, one of the best women’s walking shoes for lower back pain, is made from imported materials.
It’s durable with a rubber sole and a removable insole. The top is partly solid and partly mesh, so it’s breathable. It is available in different sizes and six different colors and color combinations.
- It is an ideal experience on the road with a streamlined midsole, dynamic uppers, and Tri-Flex outsoles.
- This shoe is 100% engineered mesh uppers that offer a dynamic, lightweight fit.
- The Everun topsole construction of Saucony shoe can enhances energy return
- The midfoot structure features ideal for hold and support while you’re in motion.
- Sizing problems
5. Saucony Women’s Zealot Iso 2 Running Shoe
The Saucony Women’s Zealot Iso 2 is made from very durable synthetic materials with a rubber sole. It is lightweight as a running shoe that has supportive cushioning that enhances your natural gait.
Inside is the ISOFIT inner sleeve that will mold your foot to give you that comfortable sock-like feeling.
- It is a highly cushioned, lightweight, and flexible ride
- With supportive cushioning designed to promote a natural gait.
- Zealot shoes include ISOFIT
- This shoe is 100% Synthetic shoe
- With a durable synthetic upper
- With a strong yet flexible sole
- Lightweight feels like you’re wearing nothing
- With supportive cushioning
- Offers responsive cushioning
- Complaints that the sole is too rigid
Aside from these updated features, you also have the FLEXIFILM upper that supports the top of the feet with a lightweight and easy-to-maintain material. This also comes with a responsive Everun insole. You’ll feel like you’re walking barefoot, but actually, you’re wearing a lightweight yet protective shoe.
Finally, the Saucony Women’s Zealot Iso 2 comes in varying sizes and in three cool colors: Teal/Cotton, Coral/Purple/Cotton, and Silver/Coral/Mint.
6. ASICS Women’s Gel-Cumulus 20 Running Shoes
The ASICS Cumulus is the best women’s running shoes for lower back pain with a synthetic mesh upper and a very strong, flexible rubber sole. Since this is ASICS, expect unique technologies like the Impact Guidance System feature or IGS that uses connected componentry, which improves a wearer’s natural gait from the strike-off to the toe-off.
Inside is a comfortable Ortholite Sockliner. This will feel like comfortable and breathable socks as you wear this shoe.
- It includes I.G.S technology
- SpevaFoam 45 lengths SpevaFoam 45 lasting material.
- It reflective materials design to enhance visibility during low light hours.
- The jacquard mesh upper of these shoes elevates the styling and forms to your foot
- With durable mesh upper and rubber sole
- Enhances the foot’s natural gate
- With a soft and comfortable platform
- With reflective components
- Has the correct amount of bounce
- Complaints about sizing
The ASICS SpevaFoam 45 has created a strong and comfortable feel. This unique technology helps make the foam of this shoe last for a longer time. Meanwhile, the FlyteFoam Propel feature is another ASICS technology that gives you that bounce. This is all thanks to an elastomer compound that’s blended into the sole of the shoe.
And good news to runners and joggers who prefer to jog at night. This shoe comes with reflective materials that will improve your visibility at night.
7. Brooks Women’s Addiction Walking Shoes
The Addiction Walker from Brooks has a synthetic upper and sole. These shoes for back support women’s, designed to provide maximum support using its Extended Progressive Diagonal Rollbar that supports the arch to keep the feet moving using natural movements.
- Created innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther, and faster.
- These shoes are 100% manmade shoes
- Their sole is Synthetic sole.
- This shoe can strategically supports your arch to guide
- Keep your body in its natural path of motion.
- The BioMoGo DNA adapts to your stride, weight, and speed to make every step comfortable.
- Made from very durable materials
- Provides maximum support
- Slip-resistant and balanced
- With soft cushioning
- Comes in different sizes and colors
- Complaints that the biggest size is still too small
These best women’s athletic shoes for lower back pain come with a slip-resistant outsole that helps your feet stay stable, efficient, and balanced. Inside is Brook’s BioMoGo DNA, a feature that provides extra-soft cushioning. This soft inner cushioning will adapt to your weight, stride, and speed, and thus, every step is very comfortable.
All the materials used to make these shoes comfortable for standing all day and very durable. The style is also perfect, no matter what you want to wear. And aside from White, you also get the Addiction Walker in Bone and Black colors.
8. Vionic Women’s Walker For Back Pain
The Vionic Women’s Walker is available in nine different fun and simple colors. It is made from leather/suede upper with a versatile rubber sole. Inside, there’s an EVA footbed with a very strong outsole that’s constructed in a 0.5” height for smooth heel-to-toe striking zones.
This may be the only shoe in our list that has received the APMA Seal of Acceptance (American Podiatric Medical Association).
- These shoes are leather or suede upper and dual-density EVA technology for maximum stability.
- It includes active motion system technology
- A podiatrist-design footbed features
- These shoes also bring together style and science.
- Made from very durable materials
- Available in different colors/color combination
- Accepted by the APMA
- Ideal for everyday activities
- With updated Vionic’s features
- Complaints that the sole is very stiff
The Vionic Walker is made to keep walkers on the move using the Active Motion System feature that guarantees maximum support and comfort for any kind of gait. This is not just for walking but also for running, playing, and working.
The footbed has been designed by a podiatrist who knows the ins and out of footwear and how it helps improve lower back pain. The Vionic women’s walker comes in different sizes, so be sure to find the right size for maximum pain relief.
9. Orthofeet Best Plantar Fasciitis Shoes
For women suffering from back pain, plantar fasciitis, and foot and heel pain, the Orthofeet best running shoes for plantar fasciitis for lower back pain may be of help.
It is lightweight with an ergonomically designed sole, orthotic–designed insoles, and enhanced arch support.
- These shoes are lightweight soles with ergonomic designs.
- This shoe comfort and protection for sensitive feet.
- Also has a wide and roomy TOE box
- Extra depth design with removable insoles provides ample space
- Is rated as a medical apparatus by Medicare
- Made from very strong materials
- Ideal for various medical conditions
- Comfortable and reduces pain
- Available in different colors
- Sizing problems
- Complaints that it is too firm/rigid
It’s like walking on a pillow! This makes it perfect for people who are suffering from various foot and leg problems and back pains. And aside from pain and fasciitis relief, these plantar fasciitis shoes are also for people with hammertoes, bunions, and diabetes.
10. Brooks Launch 5 Women’s Running Shoes
The Brooks Launch 5 is a women’s running shoes that come with a strong and durable mesh upper. It is available in various sizes and in 7 colors.
It provides full foot support for people who have medium to high arches. This will create neutral support so you’ll maintain balance as you walk, run, or perform daily activities.
- These shoes have a strong and durable mesh upper
- These shoes will create neutral support for you’ll maintain balance
- Launch 5 shoes deliver a responsive and spring ride
- The BioMoGo DNA midsole cushioning and rebounding rubber create a springy feel underfoot.
- Offers full foot support
- Provides an energized feel
- Available in different sizes
- Available in different colors
- Easy to maintain and clean
- Complaints that the smallest size is too big
Add a spring to your walk with this shoe’s responsive and extra-springy design. Brook’s BioMoGo DNA is built into this shoe’s midsole for enhanced cushioning and rebounding. This is lightweight, breathable, comfortable, and easy to maintain.
What Causes Lower Back Pain?
Low back pain can be acute or chronic back pain and is caused by any of the following:
The strain of the muscles or ligaments
Acute back pain is often due to strain of the back muscles and ligaments. This is usually after lifting things that are very heavy for a prolonged period of time. Also, stretching your back in a hyperacute manner can lead to back pain. This is mostly due to sports or other activities that require you to stretch.
Ruptured or bulging discs
A bulging disc or ruptured disc is when the spinal column becomes torn, and the discs move outward. This is a painful condition because the spinal cord pinches on nearby nerves. With ruptured discs, pain is very severe, and this is mostly due to a blow on the back of an accident that involves the back.
Arthritis is an inflammation of the joints, and since the spine is made from small joints, inflammation can lead to severe pain and poor function and movement.
Irregularities in the skeletal system
Spinal irregularities like lordosis, kyphosis, and scoliosis all can lead to pain, especially on the lower part of the spine.
In osteoporosis, bones become weak, brittle and are more likely to break. Usually, this condition is asymptomatic until the spine breaks. Causing a lot of pain and discomfort.
How to Deal With Lower Back Pain
The very first thing to improve back pain is to practice good posture, whether you’re sitting, lying down, or standing all day. Good posture will reduce the pressure on the lower back and will help reduce back pain.
If back pain is worse, your doctor may recommend taking medications that will ease pain, including ibuprofen and anti-inflammatory drugs. It’s best to talk to your doctor about using medications for back pain to ensure that you’re taking the right medication, dosage, and considering side effects.
Using ice and heat
Applying alternate cold and warmth can help improve lower back pain. You may use an ice pack or a gel pack to help you ease the pain.
Stretching decompresses the spine and can help ease the pain. But make sure to perform exercises correctly to avoid worsening your back pain.
Maintaining an ideal weight
Being overweight increases pressure on the spinal cord, and this enhances pain. You should lose weight as much as possible by dieting, keeping yourself active, and by exercising.
Using back pain tools
There are many back pain tools to use, like braces, supports, and footwear. Some back pain sufferers use devices that use electric currents, heat, and massage action to deal with back pain.
Factors Consider Before Buying the Best Shoes for Lower Back Pain
Whether you’re shopping for the best shoes for lower back support or the best weightlifting shoes for women, you must consider the following factors:
Material for the outer part of the shoe
The material for the outer should be breathable, easy to clean, and must be easy to maintain. The upper part of a shoe should be very strong, must resist wear and tear because this is the most affected part of the shoe.
The design counts as a very important factor, especially if you want to remain stylish and hip as you wear these shoes. There are many designs, colors, and styles to choose from, but make sure that these are not the only factors to base your selection on.
With an anti-slip sole
The sole of a women’s shoe for lower back pain should be strong yet flexible, balanced, and must have anti-slip features. The sole is usually the highlight of a shoe. Not all soles are right for lower back pain relief.
Above all, the shoe you want to use must be comfortable as you will use this constantly throughout the day to relieve lower back pain. Consider that you will use this daily to walk, perform all kinds of activities, and for exercise, and thus, you need a comfortable and reliable pair.
FAQ About Best Women’s Shoes for Lower Back Pain
Can a comfortable shoe help get rid of back pain?
If back pain is because of a dysfunctional foot, orthotic shoes with specially designed insoles can provide better arch support. This design can stop hyper-pronation and will also help keep your legs and back aligned in the proper form. Shoes that have enhanced cushioning can reduce back and body pain impact, especially when the feet hit the ground as you walk or run.
Can changing shoes lead to back pain?
If you are used to wearing high-heeled shoes, and then you start using flats, this change can lead to worsening back pains and other back problems. The human body needs to adapt to different situations, so wearing high heels regularly will make the leg muscles adapt to this position.
Can shoes worsen sciatica?
Yes, some shoes can worsen sciatica and other back problems. High heels and poorly-cushioned shoes are common triggers of sciatica. This is because the sciatic nerve is located along the same area as the hamstring, and this continuously stretched position of the legs can also stretch and irritate the sciatic nerve.
Are there shoes that can cause back pain?
Shoes like high heels can affect the alignment of the feet and legs and put more stress and strain on the lower back. Meanwhile, flip-flops are flat and may lead to arch pain, ankle pain, heel pain, and knee pain. Therefore, it’s important to use the right shoe with a good heel and arch design to prevent back, leg, ankle, feet, and knee pains.
Can walk barefoot lead to back pain?
In some cases, people report back pain due to walking barefoot. If you have the same condition, then you must have a problem with your feet. One of the most common problems related to lower back pain is plantar fasciitis or heel pain, and in this condition, heel pain is present even if the person is barefoot.
Who to call if you have back pain?
A spine specialist can provide expert care when it comes to back pain. They can also recommend diagnostic tests, treatments, or medications to relieve back pain.
From our ten best women’s shoes for lower back pain, we select ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano. We recommend this running shoe because it is designed with amazing features to help you reduce lower back pain.
First, this shoe has a mesh-synthetic body and a rubberized sole. The shaft design makes it easier to move, jog, run, or perform exercise routines using this shoe.
These are good shoes for back pain because it has updated technologies like the ASICS Rearfoot and Forefoot Gel Technology Cushioning System. This ensures that the shoe absorbs shock as you engage in high-impact activities.
The Gel-Kayano also has the IGS or Impact Guidance System feature that uses connected componentry to enhance the foot’s natural movement while you walk, run, or exercise.
Finally, it has the Guidance Line Midsole Technology, which are vertical grooves that make every step more efficient. And due to these amazing features, these ASICS running shoes are one of the best women’s shoes that can relieve lower back pain.
And if you think that the ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano is also the right women’s best shoes for back pain, check this out from this review.