Have you ever experienced the unrelenting pain of a broken tooth or a cavity? If yes, you would well understand the agony your canine friend might undergo when suffering from dental disease. Using vet recommended dog dental chews avoid such worse situations by ensuring the proper oral hygiene of your beloved dog.
Having said so, it isn’t easy to make your four-footed friend brush their teeth regularly. Perhaps that would be a nightmare for you because they would simply not let you go anywhere close to their teeth without fighting hard.
Thankfully, vet recommended dog dental chews are an excellent way of maintaining proper oral care without having to struggle with them to get their teeth cleaned.
Top 10 Best Vet Recommended Dog Dental Chews In 2022
- 1 Top 10 Best Vet Recommended Dog Dental Chews In 2022
- 1.1 1. Nylabone Dura Chew Power Chew Toy
- 1.2 2. SHINCO Dog Chew Toy
- 1.3 3. Oneisall Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers
- 1.4 4. Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy
- 1.5 5. Benebone Real Flavor Dental Dog Chew Toy
- 1.6 6. Nylabone Flavor Frenzy Giant Dog Chew Toys
- 1.7 7. Greenies Original TEENIE Size Natural Dental Dog Treats
- 1.8 8. Greenies Original Best Dental Treats for Dogs
- 1.9 9. Pedigree Dentastix Dental Treats for Dogs
- 1.10 10. Purina DentaLife Adult Large Dog Treats
- 1.11 Final Verdict
Keeping pace with the growing demand for dog dental chews, there are numerous products available on the market today. Choosing the right one for your paw friend can be challenging, especially when it involves their oral health and well-being.
Therefore, we have reviewed the top 10 dog dental chews for sensitive stomachs that will be your preferred choice in 2022, so continue reading below to find out more. Let’s check out which best vet recommended dog dental chews are suitable for your loving dog.
1. Nylabone Dura Chew Power Chew Toy
Nylabone Dura Chew Power Chew Toy is specially designed for large dogs with aggressive chewing habits. It is made with the toughest nylon material that is highly durable and can withstand extreme chewing conditions.
- Built for adult and aggressive chewers
- Textured ring chew toy that keeps your pet engaged all day long
- Made from high-quality, durable nylon material
- Promotes oral hygiene
- Available in delicious flavor medley that dogs love
- Average price: From $11.19
- Long-lasting dog chew perfect for the most insistent chewing style
- Fights boredom and puts off destructive chewing habits
- Aids in cleaner teeth and freshens breathe
- Safe for use and recommended by vet
- Too hard and may cause a broken tooth if used by non-aggressive chewers
The unique ring chew toy has a nice texture and visual appeal that will keep your dog busy and satiate their urge to chew. The bristles of the dog chew rise when chewing, promoting cleaner teeth and preventing the build-up of tartar and plaque.
2. SHINCO Dog Chew Toy
A top choice among vet recommended dog dental chews is the SHINCO EETOYS Indestructible Aggressive Resistant Toothbrush. The medium-sized chew toy is ideal for dogs weighing between 15 and 25 pounds, such as Labrador, Husky, Samoyed, and Border collie.
It is made with tough-quality nylon and polyurethane and features a unique multi-texture that your pet friend will simply love chewing.
- Made from high-quality material that is durable, safe, and non-toxic
- Relieves your dog’s stress and boredom, controlling its destructive behavior
- Suitable for medium aggressive chewing
- Available in bacon flavor
- Cleans dog’s teeth effectively, promoting oral hygiene
- Average price: From $11.99
- It is long-lasting and bite-resistant
- Keeps your dog happy and stimulated in a good way
- Safe and non-toxic
- Good for effective dental care
- The price is bit too high
3. Oneisall Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers
Oneisall is a well-recognized name in the field of vet recommended dog chew toys and this one will make you (and your dog) feel happy because it does not promise what it is not. It makes the perfect playmate for your furry friend while promoting its teeth health with effective chewing habits.
- Made from food-grade nylon material, which is safe and non-toxic for your dog
- Available in 3 sizes – Large for dogs weighing 60+ lbs, Medium for dogs weighing 15-60 lbs, and Small for dogs weighing less than 15 lbs
- Tempting bacon flavor
- Average price: From $12.99
- Interactive dog chew toy that minimizes destructive behavior and promotes oral hygiene
- Vet recommended
- Highly durable and tough, ensuring good value for money
- Does not promise to be indestructible
4. Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy
Dogs love chewing bones! And when it comes to an ergonomic design like Benebone Real Flavor Wishbone Dog Chew Toy, the fun gets doubled. It is one of our top choices in vet recommended dental bones for dogs; thanks to its unique design, real flavors, and good quality that is USA-made.
- Benebone wishbones are 100% made in the USA with high-quality nylon material
- Ergonomic design and deeper grooves to provide a better bite and grip to your dog
- Available in three real flavors – bacon, peanuts, and chicken
- Four sizes – Tiny (under 15 lbs), Small (under 30 lbs), Medium (under 60 lbs), and Large (under 90 lbs)
- Non-edible, safe, and free from harmful toxins
- Average Price: From $11.59
- The product is made in the USA, which guarantees superior quality and durability
- Real, food-grade flavors that your pet will love
- Helps promote clean teeth and gums in a healthy manner
- Can cause allergy if your dog has aversions from nylon, chicken, peanuts, or pork
5. Benebone Real Flavor Dental Dog Chew Toy
What makes Benebone Real Flavor Dental Dog Chew Toy a preferred choice for pet parents is its dog-friendly design and real flavors – something your canine friend will love when compared to loud squeaks and neon colors.
- Updated design with the right curve and ridges that render good grip and dental stimulation through effective chewing
- Made with high-quality, durable nylon that lasts for long and can withstand medium to aggressive chewing
- Available in 4 sizes – Tiny (under 15 lbs), Small (under 30 lbs), Medium (under 60 lbs), and Large (under 90 lbs)
- 100% real food ingredients to deliver mouth-watering flavor and scent for your dog
- Average price: $12.56
- Attractive scent and flavors to infuse healthy chewing habits in your dog
- All products manufactured in the USA, ensuring good quality
- Promotes oral hygiene and helps control destructive behavior
- Contains real food ingredients, which may cause allergic reactions if your dog is sensitive to any components used in the chew toy
The durable, long-lasting dog chew toy is made in the USA. So, you can at least be assured of its quality – it’s not some China-made, low-quality product that might be unsafe for your pet.
6. Nylabone Flavor Frenzy Giant Dog Chew Toys
Worried about your dog’s nasty chewing habits? Does your dog suffer from dental problems? Or what are the best vet recommended dog dental chews? Infuse effective chewing and oral health habits into your pooch with Nylabone Flavor Frenzy Giant Dog Chew Toys.
- Nylabone Giant Dog Chew Toys are made from superior-quality nylon to be highly tough, long-lasting, and bite resistant
- Lip-smacking breakfast-flavored chew toys that taste like egg, bacon, and cheese
- Available in 7 different sizes
- Average Price: From $11.88
- Delicious flavors with zero calories that ensure good health
- Discourages vicious chewing habits
- Helps in maintaining optimal oral health
- Good value for money
- Customers complain plastic pieces coming off within a short time of chewing
- Fails to engage the dog for long
The dog chew toy is available in different sizes and toughness that is suitable for varying chewing styles – gentle, moderate, strong, and powerful for aggressive chewers. Make sure you choose the right size for your pet.
7. Greenies Original TEENIE Size Natural Dental Dog Treats
If you are seriously concerned about the oral health of your paw friend, Greenies Original Natural Dental Dog Treat is the right choice to ensure cleaner teeth and fresh breath.
- It is one of the best vet recommended dog dental chews that help fight tartar and plaque
- Breathe-freshening dog chew toys
- Made of highly soluble, natural ingredients that are safe for your dog’s health
- Tasty and nutritious dog treat for dogs weighing 5-15 lbs
- Average Price: $64.99 for 260 treats
- It is vet recommended for effective dental care
- Built with natural ingredients and fortified with added nutrients that ensure healthy teeth and gums
- Greenies natural dental dog treats have a unique texture that helps fight tartar and plaque
- Despite the fact that Greenies dog treats are considered easy to digest, some customers have complained about it affecting the dog’s stomach, causing bloody stool
It consists of natural ingredients, essential minerals, vitamins, and nutrients that are important for healthy gums and teeth. From greenies dog treats reviews you will know better dental health.
8. Greenies Original Best Dental Treats for Dogs
Another popular choice is the Greenies Original Natural Dental Treats designed for your bigger pooch friend, weighing 50-100 lbs.
The smart treat is specially made to help maintain the proper oral hygiene of your dog without you having to struggle hard. Your pet will love chewing on this tasty treat, keeping them engaged for long while ensuring healthy teeth and gums.
- Made with natural, highly soluble ingredients that deliver taste and nutrition
- Each dental treat is fortified with essential minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients
- Suitable for large canines
- Unique texture that is effective in removing tartar and plaque from your dog’s teeth
- Average Price: $33.99 for 24-count pack
- Effective dental treatment for your dog and is vet recommended
- Ingredients are easy to digest and do not cause any discomfort
- Tastes great
- Supervision while chewing is important; otherwise, gulping the item accidentally can be harmful for the dog
9. Pedigree Dentastix Dental Treats for Dogs
If you are concerned about your dog’s decaying teeth, plaque buildup, and bad breath, then it’s time to get him some real dental treat that supports a clean and healthy mouth.
Pedigree Dentastix Dental’s best dog teeth cleaning treats will surely amaze you with their tasteful flavors and effective dental care.
- Triple action dog treats that help clean teeth, reduce plaque buildup, and freshen breathe
- Features an X-shape design that easily scraps away tartar and plaque from the canine’s teeth and gum line
- Manufactured in the USA and Canada; ensures good quality
- It’s grain-free but works the same way in cleaning the teeth as grains do
- Bite-size treats that are suitable for dogs weighing over 30 lbs
- Average Price: $11.97 for 32 treats
- Good ingredient quality
- Delicious flavors and scents your dog will enjoy
- Maintaining optimal oral health of your pet now becomes easy with these tasty treats
- Can cause choking hazards if not supervised
Pedigree Dentastix dog teeth cleaning chews come in all sizes, designed for your puppy to the larger ones. With this delicious treat, your pooch will enjoy its snack time than ever before.
10. Purina DentaLife Adult Large Dog Treats
An integral aspect of your dog’s health is proper oral hygiene, and Purina DentaLife Adult Large Dog Treat is just what you need to ensure clean teeth and gums.
It features an innovative design with eight ridges and numerous air pockets that offer a chewy and porous texture. This helps clean the teeth thoroughly right to the gum line. so I Recommended Dog Dental Chews.
- The porous, chewy texture that efficiently cleans even the hard-to-reach teeth
- Proven to reduce tartar buildup by up to 57%
- Innovative design to aid in chewing and teeth cleaning
- No artificial colors and flavors
- Average Price: $8.97 for 18 treats
- Great flavor that your pet will love; no artificial additives and flavoring agents used
- A distinct scent that attracts your dog
- Great value for money
- Some customers have complained about stomach upset and stool problems
Comparing these top 10 best Vet recommended dog dental chews will help you make a wise decision for your pooch. Whichever product you choose, make sure it is right for your dog’s age and weight.
It is also important to determine whether you need an edible dog dental treat for improved oral care or a non-edible dental chew toy that promotes teeth cleaning and discourages nasty chewing habits.